yoga home practice :: chakra tuning meditation
Take some time for yourself to be still and tune into the 7 major energy centers of the body known as the Chakras. Each center acts as a metaphorical bridge between matter and spirit. Each center governs certain aspects of the physical and emotional body. Each center may move in and out of balance through excess or depletion based on how one reacts to life circumstances. A Chakra tuning simply brings awareness to each center through its location, the color associated with each center and the vibrational mantra. Check out the show notes for resources to learn more about the Chakras.
If you like this podcast and you want to help a sister out, please go and leave a review in iTunes about the podcast. If you’re not on iTunes, please share this post and podcast with friends and family, on your own social media outlets, to those who you think may benefit from this practice and enjoy listening. Thank you and enjoy!
Show notes and resources:
- Intro music creations by Zen Jenn with Apple loops and 7th Chakra – White Light by Baird Hersey and Prana
- Meditation is part of the yogic eight limbed path, which also includes Asana (physical postures) and Pranayama (breath control).
- Use a pillow, blankets or bolster to sit on to maintain a tall seat if you’re sitting on the floor. Sit on a chair or couch with the feet connected to the floor and a pillow or cushion behind your back if the floor isn’t comfy.
- Allow yourself to relax and follow my voice. Try not to judge yourself as to whether or not you’re practicing correctly.
- A still practice such at meditation, yoga nidra and restorative yoga shift the physiology of the body from the sympathetic to parasympathetic nervous system. From fight, flight or freeze and into rest and digest.
- REGULAR PRACTICES such as the ones mentioned above will eventually bring an overall sense of well being physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Practice being still at least once a day from 5 minutes to an hour if you have the time.
- To learn more about the Chakras, visit the website of world renowned Chakra expert, Psychologist and Author Anodea Judith
- Scientific Research: The Benefits of Meditation For Beginners on Yoga International
- Meditation May Change the Brain’s Response To Stress, Study Shows on YogaUOnline
It is my honor and privilege to guide you through your practice. Thank you for practicing with me.
Peace & Oms!